Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gifts for a Baby

No not my baby! While I didn't get as much done as I had hoped before my friend's baby's birth, I'm proud of how these came out. 

I don't often work with knit fabrics but I'm pleased with these. I did things a little differently from the pattern. Most notably, I used foe instead of bias binding.


I took the Wee Ones class on Craftsy and stuck it out. I think it'd be easy for an intermediate knitter but as a beginner it was challenging. I'm glad I stuck it out and finished the bunny, even if he's a little deformed.

 
Needless to say, the parents are non-traditional, hence the Motorhead diaper bag. Figuring out the adjustable straps ended up being the most challenging part.







This entailed a lot of frogging and redoing but I'm happy with the end result, even if it's not perfect. It's my first sweater!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Cindy, it was great to see you on Saturday (albeit briefly)! The baby items are adorable. I absolutely love the sweater. Great job!

Sickofitcindy said...

Thanks Rosie! You disappeared so quickly!

My Reviews